Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Oh No! More Tasks To Do!

I had never even heard of these two services- Library Thing and Shelfari! I played around with them both for a bit. I have never thought about cataloging my books. I read mostly fiction-thrillers for pleasure. I don't often buy them though. If I am reading and think maybe I have read the book before, either I'll stop or keep reading because I can't remember the ending. I do have a collection of over 400 cookbooks and while I could see cataloging those, I don't know when I would ever have the time.

I can see some use in discussing books or getting new recommendations but I would rather join a f2f book club or find the title through serendipity. I do use Novelist to get reading ideas sometimes. I really don't feel a pressing need to share my reading list with others.
I spend enough time alone in my house and don't need other things to do (no matter how intriguing they may be) that will keep me inside.

I thought both services were easy to use. The cost factor of Library Thing would not deter me. Maybe when I am finished with this program and am more settled in my job I will use this type of service.

No comments: